Christmas Mince Pies
Follow our simple recipe to make flourless and gluten free Christmas mince pies
2 small red apples, cored and chopped into small pieces
30 g raisins
30 g dried cranberries
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vanilla
Juice of 1 orange
Coconut oil to fry
200 g grounded almonds
3 tablespoons coconut oil
10 medjool dates (about 200 g)
Gluten free flour for dusting surface
1. Place the mincemeat ingredients into a saucepan and stir. Simmer for about 30 minutes, until the apples are soft.
2. Meanwhile, make the crust. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4 Place all the remaining ingredients together in a food processer with 4 tbsp water and blend for a minute or so until everything has mixed together and the dates are totally broken down.
3. Sprinkle gluten-free flour over your surface and roll the mix out until it’s about ½ cm thick.
4. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin with coconut oil and then mould the mix into the holes using a 10cm cutter. Place the tray of crusts in the oven for 8 minutes, until they start to turn golden brown.
5. Cut the remaining mixture into star shapes.
6. Remove the crusts from the oven. Spoon 2 heaped tsp mincemeat into each crust and place a star on top. Return to the oven and bake for another 8 minutes.
7. Remove the pies from the oven and leave to cool for 20 minutes.
These mince pies form part of our Christmas catering menu, more details of whichh can be found here :