Oil Free Aloo Gobi
Following a healthy diet doesn't mean having to refrain from trying new dishes and cuisines - today Indian classics - Aloo Gobi - potatoes and cauliflower.
My version is absolutely oil free, as all the flavours coming from amazing spices
This is perfect as a side dish or a main course, omitting oil makes it a perfect dish if you are looking after your waistline.
✅1 cauliflower, cut into florets
✅2 potatoes , peeled, cut into small cubes
✅1 onion finely diced
✅1 inch of grated ginger
✅3 cloves of garlic
✅2 tomatoes finely chopped
✅1 tablespoon of garam masala
✅1 tablespoon of coriander powder
✅1 teaspoon of turmeric
✅1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
✅1 teaspoon mango powder (alternatively lemon juice)
✅fresh chopped coriander
1. In a dry pan roast cumin seeds for approx 1 min, mixing from time to time. Set aside
2. Using the water frying method fry onion for about 3 minutes, then add garlic and ginger
3. After another 3 minutes add all the spices. Sauté until fragrant and slightly golden in colour, roughly 3 minutes.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and potatoes and sauté for another 5 minutes
5. Add the cauliflower to the pan and toss with potatoes and spices until well mixed.
6. Add water and bring to a simmer. Once water is simmering, cover with a lid for 8-10 minutes.
7 Remove the lid and cook until potatoes are soft
8. Served with fresh coriander and brown rice
Happy Cooking 👩🍳