Party Broccoli Bites
Throwing a last minute party ? Planning glass of wine with your friends? Our snack can be done within 30 minutes. You can also prepare it a day in advance, and serve it cold. They are high in protein, fiber and potassium. Made from quinoa, broccoli they have a rich, cheesy flavour which goes great with either wine or a cocktail.
✅ 1 small head of broccoli
✅100g of quinoa cooked (weight before cooking)
✅6 garlic cloves crushed and roasted
✅sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
✅1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
✅2 heaped tablespoons brown rice flour
✅1 tablespoon of psyllium husk
✅Vegetable oil to fry
1. Cut into pieces and steam your broccoli until soft.
2. Finely chop the cooked broccoli. Combine the broccoli with cooked quinoa, garlic, and seasoning. Once fully combined, sprinkle on the nutritional yeast, psyllium husk and flour, and mix until the mixture begins to come together and can be easily formed into small patties.
3. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a heavy-bottomed non-stick frying pan. Ensure the oil is not too hot or your patties may disintegrate; a medium heat is best. Take a heaped tablespoon of the mixture, roll into a rough ball, then shape into a patty, flattening slightly between your palms.
4. Gently cook each patty for 5 to 7 minutes on each side until golden on both sides. Keep warm in a low oven until all the mixture is used.
5. Serve with your favourite dip or mayonnaise.
Happy Cooking 👩🍳